I was very excited to have the hubbs TRav train me last night. I did some things I've never tried to do before, some of them I did pretty well on, some of them not so well. But so is the way with training.
I have had a pretty difficult week. I've gained 5 lbs. Not Earth shattering, but still hurts. I am working my @$$ off in the gym & I do physical labor at work, and still I'm fighting the 'buldge'. The only thing I can figure is the breaks at work are working against me, so no more buying anything at work to eat, and I've cut myself down to only a few Dr. Peppers (like on weekends) per week.
My family has issues with their weight. There are very few women that didn't gain weight/or stay big their lives. My Mom, mainly, was one. She tried for as long as I can remember to lose weight, but it would come back...and then she got very sick with ALS, and basically withered away to nothing. Not to go down the garden path, but I always think of her when I'm running. She use to love to run. When I'm running I feel like I'm closest to her. My heart races at the thought that maybe just maybe in Heaven, if there is such a thing, she is running to feel close to me too. Gosh I miss her. No one will ever know how much.
Working out, I feel like I'm fighting ALS head to head. I've been told that muscles in motion are hard to stop the motion. Well, that works for me. So, if you wonder why I'm so dedicated, that's one reason why. I don't want to "go" that way. I so don't.
as I mentioned prior, my hubbs trained me last night. He is an excellent trainer! He has gone to college for it, and has a personal love for it. I'm blessed that way. Not every person fighting the fat/chubb has a professional in the same house with them to help them along the way. I know I'm blessed......and he helps so much!
I was still sore from my prior workout, but I still managed this.......
warm up-
push up-15 (could get out a LOT MORE! He said no)
bench press (LOVE THIS!)
bar x's6
55x's5
65x's 3 (this is my max weight for this, not half bad, but I want to be able to bench press more than I weigh...lol)
bar x's 15
55 x;s-5-5-5-5-5
I tried to do the power cling...couldn't get it.......
bar x's 5-3
it took me a while to get the hang cling, but I finally feel like it 'clicked'
hang cling bar x's 5-5-5
POS
bar x's 5
85 x's 3
75 x's 3-3-3
hyper ext
bodyweight- x's 15
w/ 10lbs- 10-10
I am so happy with this workout! Makes me feel alive~!
I'm thinking tonight I'm going to do the tread mill and abs....not sure.........very sore from last night workout.....it feels awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment