Friday, September 3, 2010

meanwhile, down at the gym

the gym that I go to obviously doesn't have the treadmills calibrated to match eachother so that you can get consistant results, but here it goes none-the-less...


I did incline/straight/varied speeds for 33 mins in order to get 'rid' of 200 cals. That is crazy wrong. But ummm okay.

crunches
35,35,30,30,35,35=200

leg/ab holds
30,35,50,25,60=200

planks
3x's infinity. Seriously I can go all night.

One thing I think about when I'm on the tread mill is 'where I've come from'. It's hard to imagine that less than 2 years ago I had a 42" waist, isn't it? I've lost over 12" on my waist. That just blows my mind. Along that time I also couldn't WALK one mile, let alone run one...now I can. I also couldn't do push ups at all and now I can do 50 in a row no problem (on a good day). I can't believe how much my body has changed for the better. I'm stronger (now I open my own jars), I have more self confidence & walk better (strengthening the core makes you have better poise. Not less clumsy, mind you, but I do sit better in a chair...lol.

I didn't know that much about working out when I ordered those first Jillian Michaels DVD's (what got me on this road)...and I threw up 1/2 thru the DVD every time thru the first week & I couldn't make it thru the entire thing for about a week, either. It was hard. I also couldn't see certain body parts & other body parts sagged like an old woman...and the only cottage cheese in my life was the dimples on my body.

I thought I was on a dead end road of getting and being fat. I was so depressed to think that my days of wearing a single digit size clothes and feeling cute in them was long gone...but here sit I, me. Not perfect, but more the woman I want to be. This isn't an easy road sometimes. Sometimes seeing people eat fattening foods makes my mouth water, and Lord knows I wish I could have about 60 dr. peppers a day, but the feeling that I have now is better than any temporary happy feeling eating/drinking could possibly give me.

Surely there are people in this world that come & go and never worry/think about their weight one second, and then there are those that won't put in the work to get there.......and I don't judge them, but I'm sorry for them........knowing how you are cutting into your health by not trying to get/be fit is really sad. Not thinking about how heavy you are and how it's causing turmoil in your body. Not only does the outside of your body gain weight as you do, organs do too. Doubt me? Go to your dr. & have tests run & you will see what I'm writing is dead on. Being so fat is killing you. And, yes, that is your business.......but when it comes to health care & the chances you are going to be a strain on society by needing free health care because you are too sick, etc. to work boggles my mind. Just like smokers, I don't know how you do this to your body without a second thought. But I digress.....

I know that I can't turn back time, and have the body of a 25 year old, but I can slow down the hands of time in a way by being in good shape. And you know even if I couldn't see the difference outside, I sure can inside........feeling depressed? Exercise & get those feel good emotions working out gives you! Seriously!

I had someone at work tell me that my before/now pics are like The Biggest Loser & how they were proud of me.......it means a lot when someone sees my results & hopefully they will see me continue to get closer to my fitness goals. Here's hoping.

have a great one!

No comments: