If you've been reading this blog (which I'm sure I'm the only one that reads it, but still)......I spent way too much time trying to ignore my tummy issues and now I'm having what has been one of the worst flair ups of crohns I've ever had.
if you don't know
Crohn's disease is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It
usually affects the intestines, but may occur anywhere from the mouth to
the end of the rectum (anus).
mine has been so bad it has reached my mouth and even into my rectum.....so I knew I had to do something......my belly was swollen to the point that I looked like I was 3 or 4 months pregnant. It was hurting so much!
this is an example of what my 'insides' look like during one of my flare ups (its gross, you've been warned)
I have not had dr. peppers in just over 2 weeks and that alone has helped my flare ups. My rash is gone from behind my ears, my sores are gone from my mouth and rectum and now its really starting to heal inside. I just have to keep to keep doing my crohns/celiac diet....
what is celiac?
A disease in which chronic failure to digest food is triggered by hypersensitivity of the small intestine to gluten.
so basically that means I have to eat (certain in small bites) meat, protein shakes, and veggies/fruit.
In this being so sick I'm having to juice my diet.......called juicing.
you can learn more about what I'm starting to do...
www.877myjuicer.com
its a healthy way for me to take in my needed nutrients and let my guts heal a bit.
Add to that I'm going to eat real dinner and I'm good to go. :)
it's worth it to not have this problem.......or the flare up..wouldn't you say the same?

No comments:
Post a Comment