when you are out of shape or chunky or obese or what I like to call myself...fat or fluffy you get use to certain things.
you get use to being ignored in places, especially when the skinny pretty girls are there.
you get use to carrying out super heavy things because the guys that work there believe that big =strong & there's no possible way your chunky butt could need assistance.
you get use to getting the "I'm worried about your weight" looks from others (especially your husband)
you get use to never finding clothes that are too tight/small/doesn't fit right.
either that or you get fighting mad and do something about it...which is what I did. I got mad....originally, I started this journey to try to 'match' what I thought would be physically appealing to my gym rat hubby, but somewhere along the way it long ago stopped even being about him & started being about ME. And it feels great.Do I love that I'm no longer the 'fat funny girl'. Heck yeah. Do I wish it were as easy as just waking up skinny & overnight? YEAH...but it's not. It's a long hard road for especially folks like me.........shorties. It just seems that a shortie like me fights tooth and nail to get the scales to move.....I swear the scales are the devil & I don't even have any in my home......they drive me crazy!
things I've gotten to say A LOT since getting fit.
sir, I don't need you to carry out my bag with a simple milk jug in it. I'm quite strong.
no, I don't want to take you on a ride on my scooter.
no, I don't want to go out with you/your wife/or any combination of the 2
no, I don't work here at the gym
no, I don't work at "----" strip/otherwise/club
Yeah, I am quite bendy, no I won't do that for you in the mirror
no, I'm old enough to be your Mother.
Yeah, I've gone to the gym more times this week than you...but thats okay honey.
the list goes on and on....the (+) way out weigh the (-) on any level.
the thing I like about working out is how strong it makes me feel, how positive and upbeat it makes me feel. It does a great job of fighting my depression & I love how my body looks alot younger now than it did. I love how it's been fighting the 'cottage cheese' I had, and how much energy it gives me.
all you have to do is get up off that couch...put down that pizza or whatever food you are doping yourself with...and look in the mirror and say "I AM WORTH IT! I AM GOING TO PUT MYSELF FIRST!"
I know to well how easy it is to lose yourself in food & lose yourself and your identity to others.....you go from being "insert your name here" to being "someones wife/other" or "someones Mommie".....and in the stages of putting yourself further and further down the list of things to do, you get lost. It's time to take "you" back.......do you remember back to a time when you had your own identity? I know I had to search for mine long and hard..."Kim" was lost in yearyears and in the land of what use to be...I even threw away my wedding dress because I never thought I'd be skinny anymore, and now I'm smaller than I was the day I married!! (and more physically fit too!!)
I'm not saying I haven't had setbacks and I have never been sore from working out........Gah have I ever....but when you look at what being unfit truly costs you & your loved ones in the long run.....isn't "TRYING" the least we can do to have a heathier future?
you can do it. I believe in you. I did it...and if I can, anyone can.
No comments:
Post a Comment