Tuesday, October 2, 2012

my struggles with Dr. Pepper......

I have tried more times than I can count to stop my addiction of Dr. Peppers and to no avail.....I always fall back into drinking them, and sometimes drinking more of them.....my latest fiasco had me consuming at least 1.5liters of the stuff, and some days even more than that.

I have an addictive personality....anything I love I do it whole heartedly and that's that.....sometimes I fall by the way side but then I'm back......and so has been this love of Dr. Peppers.

I never understood why I couldn't quit them for good. I've tried everything...drinking them every other day, hoping to step it down to nothing, going cold turkey, going down to just a can.....etc.....drinking them only on weekends....but NOTHING kept me from going to that store....even my beating myself up at nights about it...I still went the next day......to the store.......to get more.

now, don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid. I know in my head that this stuff is bad.....but I can only compare it to being an alcoholic and having the stuff around you occasionally, etc. that stuff just doesn't cut it for people like me....I have to stay away completely or I just know that I will be a 'drunk' again. I just can't get enough of it.

I work out. I work out hard. I fight my fat genes unlike anyone else can imagine......but despite KNOWING what is wrong and why I wasn't reaching my goals fitness wise I kept beating myself in the head with loving this stuff..

that is until night-before-last and early yesterday morning. I was fed up. I started looking online hoping seeing a visual of the sugars I was in-taking woule shock me into doing what was right for me......

and here goes the tale of the tape...
here it is. My ugly little secret. That's how much sugar is in a 1.5liter Dr. Pepper....

There are 104 grams of sugar in 32 fluid ounce and there are 34 fl. oz in a liter bottle so I suppose there are around 110 grams of sugar in a liter bottle of Dr. Pepper. My source is:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21qz.html

Read more: How much sugar is in a 1 litre bottle of Dr Pepper? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/278894#ixzz282cvccdC

oh my good gravy~


where does your beverage fall on the sugar cube test...my Dr. Pepper I know is too much!
http://www.sugarstacks.com/

just another reason for me to stop them!


and this is just a can size! I've had up to 1.5 liters a day more days than I care to admit!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121194081&page=1


but you know what really did it for me & made me decide to be serious about this quitting thing?

read this and be amazed

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0000698


more addictive than cocaine??   Don't know what that's like, but I'd say addictive sums it up for me.

the weight of the sugar in one of my drinks is the size of a deck of cards, 4oz steak, or the palm of my hand
and that was just SOMETHING I WOULD DRINK!!! OMG! Not counting the sugar that I took in with my regular foods. It's 1,000 wonders I didn't have a diabetic shock or something....

so, read all of my links I've provided & make your own decision........realize that you will not reach your fitness goals & will not have the slim tummy you want as long as you do this "cocaine". For me I'm going cold turkey & hoping I can do this. Anytime I am tempted I am coming back to read these links and I'm going to look at that glass with sugar in it (its on my bar as we speak so I can see it all-the-time, and it's even my wallpaper on my phone)....that's pretty serious as far as I'm concerned but necessary for me....for me I have to act like it's poison.....because it is for me.



No comments: