Thursday, August 26, 2010

♫ I got a feeling ♪

or something like it....

yesterday was  wonderful day in our world. I have been given the sweetest bestest gift from God, and that gift is being a Mother. I won't bore you with unrelated to fitness details, but this Momma's buttons are poppin! My daughter took a test yesterday to get into a certain academy she wants to go to & she totally "ACED" the test........I am so proud of her! I'm proud of all my children! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE for her, for us!

I feel 99% better today, and am wishing I could workout. I know that I need to take it slow this week, because I was so sick, but it's hard to stay out of the gym, hard to not work out, because I feel so alive........so relaxed....so empowered when I go..and when I don't I feel...........FLUFFY! lol.

I can remember a time that I was so out of shape that I couldn't do one single push up. I could only do 5 'sissy' push ups and now I can do 30 of the 'real' push ups. There was also a time that my left leg was so weak that I couldn't even spread my toes apart. And last night I noticed I could. There was a time that I wouldn't have worn anything sleeveless to save my life, and now they are the first things I go for in my drawer. It's nice to have hard work pay off! Even in small victories, thy are victories none-the-less...and I will take 'em.

this time last year I was so much bigger than I am now. I never thought I'd be back at a size 3-4....NEVER. but, here sit I....size 4, and that's from the dryer, comfy as can be, size 4!

I don't go into the gym & see results that very day.....I go into the gym & see minor things at first....and then they all add up to something big to me. I can't explain the thrill of being able to lift something easily that prior I couldn't, or being able to 'add another plate' or go into another weight slot.......it's such a thrill to me........it's like actually seeing growth....and change....and it is happening for me.....and it's slow.......but I'm getting there.

and it's contageous. I've had so many people to ask me questions & say they are going to go to the gym too, and it's even affecting the kids! Last night, they were both in the floor doing pushups and such & I was just grinning ear-to-ear......that's a good kind of competition between siblings if you ask me.

if nothing else, I feel like at last my 'outer' body is starting to match my 'inner' soul/body. I don't know if it was something about turning 40, or all the trama of the summer, or just being tired of what a rut I was in...or if it was a combination of them all, but I'm thankful I'm here. I'm glad that I can look at my 40 year old body, scarred by multiple births, surgeries, and life tramas and see success there. The places that use to cause me 'shame' to look upon now hold a surprising happiness for me. Even those places are responding....and I never thought that would happen.

as a parent, I want to do everything I can for my children....I teach 'em about life, and most importantly God, I teach them in all the major things and minor things I do......and along with that I want to teach them (and everyone) that we have a duty to God, and to ourselves, to have the best body we can.......if nothing else, it keeps us healthier & keeps the $$$ to doctors down. How far better is it for society to not have obesity related sickness (for example)....and I want my children to see they can do it. They are strong......they can do everything and anything.....it may build up slow & take time, but they can do it. AND SO CAN YOU!! I believe in you all so much! Take that first step in believing in yourself!! DO IT!!!

No comments: